Friday, April 26, 2013

Passing It Forward






Last week a fellow rider took a few of us to one of his favorite places to ride.  During that ride I came to realize that one of my favorites was very close by.   Today I took wifey, Sue, and David to the secret place I was shown and also my secret place.  We rode through two coastal towns in Rhode Island, Tiverton and Little Compton.

We began at the Old Stone Bridge on RT 77 in Tiverton.  For those local, take exit 5 off RT. 24 and bear left after the exit.   The Park is about a mile and a half south on RT. 77 on the right.

Last weeks ride was around 14 miles but by adding my favorite route, we added and additional 11 miles and were able to have lunch in a really cozy but good restaurant "The Commons Lunch".  I had a New England classic of chowder and three clam cakes. (fritters)

We did spend some time on busy Main Rd. where the speed is pretty fast, but it's also a bike friendly road where vehicles give bike riders plenty of room.   We did this by choice to avoid the hills on the return ride.  

It's a real gem of a ride and this biker highly recommends this route.  Try it. You'll love it.

Crossing the causeway to Fogland


 With full bellys, Sue and Dave are ready for the 10 mile return leg.
The route is HERE

All the photos are HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment