Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lunch With Gertrude and Heathcliff


As usual, click for big once and click again for bigger.


The thermometer said 76 which seemed like a good a time as any to pack a light lunch and ride to the beach.  The high winds kept most of the lunchtime visitors in their cars, which left me the lone person outside with food. Naturally all the seagull gathered around me and the wind allowed them to hover close to me and beg for a piece of bread.  A good estimate was 30 birds, all trying their best to entertain and influence me to share.



I threw a small piece on the ground and a near riot ensued. Next I tried throwing a sliver in the air and they had no problem picking it off without losing a crumb, even with the gusting winds.   Finally I held a piece between my fingers  and a couple of brave gulls coasted in for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment