Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Review of Novara Randonee Touring Bike - 2009

REI

Touring wine country, rolling down the coast or cruising past endless fields of corn, our Novara Randonee is built for comfort over the long haul.


Surprisingly Smooth

capejohn Fairhaven, Ma. 4/30/2009

 

5 5

Gift: No

Pros: Versatile, Comfortable, Durable

Best Uses: Uneven Surfaces, Light Trails, Leisurely Rides, Commuting, Street Riding

Describe Yourself: Avid Cyclist

This bike was purchased for annual summer touring. It performed exceptionally well on the Erie Canal tour of 2008.

I own a bike for commuting and a road bike that I also use for the daily commute. Touring season is approaching and I took the Novara for todays commute. The bike immediately got my attention because of how smooth it made the ride. I was not anticipating that, and was very pleasantly surprised. Being a steel bike, it also takes most of the "bumps" off the ride. Granted, it's a little heavy, but since I don't race, that's a moot subject.

I very highly recommed this bike especially for touring, but it's a really nice commuter also.

()

2 comments: