Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Aliens at the Aslyum


As I was about to leave on a long Monday evening ride, I noticed that Pans Labyrinth was finally playing in a local theater. I was not disappointed. Loved it, loved it, loved it.






Superbly acted, and beautifully directed, this is a bewitching tale that will stay with you long after you leave the cinema.


It's done in Spanish with English subtitles, that were not at all distracting.



  • Commuting.


Today was really nice for commuting weather wise. A couple of layers of light clothing was plenty. It's still dark for the whole commute and will be for at least a couple more weeks.



  • On the Lighter Side


Passing through the State Hospital grounds can trigger our imagination. When it's dark, and very quiet, we can think about the people who lived and died there years ago. Wondering about things that may have happened in "this" spot can trigger comparisons to "The CooCoo Nest" movie. Thoughts like that must also affect the staff. Which brings me to this mornings commute.



The Asylum is the darkest part of my ride, and on a winding road that passes through a wooded area before opening up to the well lit main grounds. As I approached the parking lot, I saw a group of workers gathered, looking ansy. I also noticed their discomfort may be directed at me. I was beginning to worry about trespassing. When I got close they began to smile and sigh saying, "it's a bike". I then realized all they could see was my blinkie, that has a random flashing program, passing through the trees. I can only imagine what they were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment